This fall, Cornell University once again will host the annual Celebration of Statistics and Data Science (previously known as the Day of Statistics), bringing together some of the best minds in the field of statistics and data science to share their latest insights and discoveries.
The day-long conference takes place Friday, September 6, in the Statler Hotel in the J. Willard Marriott Executive Education Center, and includes talks from eight leaders in the field, including this year's Distinguished Alumni Award recipient Robert L. Wolpert ('72), professor of statistical science at Duke University. Wolpert will give the keynote talk, “Lévy-based Nonparametric Bayesian Models and their Applications.”
Other guest speakers are:
- Edoardo Airoldi of Temple University
- James Berger (Math PhD '74) of Duke University
- Edward George (Math '72) of the University of Pennsylvania
- Leanna House (Biometry and Statistics, '98) of Virginia Tech
- Michael Lavine of the U.S. Army Research
- Tom Loredo of Cornell University
- Natesh Pillai of Harvard University
To view the day's full itinerary and to register, please visit the Celebration of Statistics and Data Science page.