Established in Spring 2016, the Cornell Statistics Graduate Society (SGS) is the official graduate student organization of Cornell University's Statistics and Data Science field. Run by PhD students, SGS aims to make all aspects of graduate student life - academic, social, and professional - more enjoyable, and is responsible for representing graduate students' concerns to the department, graduate school, and CIS.
- Current Cornell Statistics graduate students: contact Kim Hochstedler as your advocate for any issues.
- Cornell Statistics alumni: join our LinkedIn group for job postings and event invitations.
- Need to reach Cornell Statistics graduate students directly with job opportunities, tutoring requests, collaboration or consulting opportunities? Contact us.
- Student Seminar Series. Scheduled on every other Tuesday at 5:15 pm.
- PhD-Faculty lunch.
- CIS social hour (co-organized with our CIS friends).
- Social events.
Selected Past Events
- Welcome Picnic for Fall 2021 new students
- Board Games Night
- Data Science Speaker Series hosted guest speaker Andrew McCallum
- Alumni mixer at JSM 2017
- Summer BBQ
- Alumni mixer at JSM 2016
- Career Panel for Statistics and Data Science (co-hosted with Cornell Data Science)
President: Kim Hochstedler
Vice-President/Treasurer: David Kent
Professional Development Chair: Sara Venkatraman
Social and Recruitment Chair: Mike Van Ness
GPSA Field Representative: Georgia Smits
See this page for resources including printing, communication, funding, software, seminar schedules, etc.
- Cornell Computer Science Graduate Organization
- Cornell Information Science Graduate Student Association
Seminars on Campus
- Cornell Statistics Seminar
- Cornell Computer Science Colloquium
- Cornell Computer Science Seminars
- Cornell Information Science Colloquium
- Machine Learning at Cornell
- Cornell Operations Research Colloquium
- Cornell Applied Math Colloquium
- Cornell Economics Workshops
Last updated September 15, 2021