Established in Spring 2016, the Cornell Statistics Graduate Society (SGS) is the official graduate student organization of Cornell University's Statistics and Data Science field. Run by PhD students, SGS aims to make all aspects of graduate student life - academic, social, and professional - more enjoyable, and is responsible for representing graduate students' concerns to the department, graduate school, and CIS.
- Check out our April 2022 Newsletter!
- Previous editions: January 2022 Newsletter, February 2022 Newsletter, March 2022 Newsletter
- Current Cornell Statistics graduate students: contact Kim Hochstedler if you are interested in getting involved with SGS.
- Current Cornell Statistics PhD students: contact David Kent and Derek Hoare with any questions, concerns, or ideas to be presented to departmental faculty.
- Cornell Statistics alumni: join our LinkedIn group for job postings and event invitations.
- Need to reach Cornell Statistics graduate students directly with job opportunities, tutoring requests, collaboration or consulting opportunities? Contact us.
- Student Seminar Series.
- PhD-Faculty lunch.
- C-IS social hour (co-organized with our friends in Computing and Information Science).
- Social events.
Selected Past Events
- Bowling Night for Statistics graduate students, faculty, and staff
- "Shamrock Skate" night on March 17, 2022
- Welcome Picnic for Fall 2021 new students
- Board Games Night
- Data Science Speaker Series hosted guest speaker Andrew McCallum
- Alumni mixer at JSM 2017
- Summer BBQ
- Alumni mixer at JSM 2016
- Career Panel for Statistics and Data Science (co-hosted with Cornell Data Science)
President: Kim Hochstedler
Vice-President/Treasurer: Tejas Ramdas
Professional Development Chair: Suvadip Sana
Social and Recruitment Chair: Mike Van Ness
GPSA Field Representative: Georgia Smits
Faculty-Student Committee Representatives: David Kent, Derek Hoare
See this page for resources including printing, communication, funding, software, seminar schedules, etc.
See this document for an unofficial housing guide for incoming graduate students. (Please note that this document is simply a guide, and does not list all of the housing options available in Ithaca and surrounding regions)
- Cornell Computer Science Graduate Organization
- Cornell Information Science Graduate Student Association
Seminars on Campus
- Cornell Statistics Seminar
- Cornell Computer Science Colloquium
- Cornell Computer Science Seminars
- Cornell Information Science Colloquium
- Machine Learning at Cornell
- Cornell Operations Research Colloquium
- Cornell Applied Math Colloquium
- Cornell Economics Workshops
Last updated April 12, 2022.