Francesca Molinari is a professor in the economics department. Her research focuses on econometric theory and applied econometrics. She got her PhD in Economics from Northwestern University and her BS in Economics from the Universita degli Studi di Torino.
Distinguishing Probability Weighting from Risk Misperceptions in Field Data, with Levon Barseghyan, Ted O'Donoghue and Josh Teitelbaum, January 2013. Forthcoming in the American Economic Review Papers and Proceedings.***,****
- The Nature of Risk Preferences: Evidence from Insurance Choice, with Levon Barseghyan, Ted O'Donoghue and Josh Teitelbaum, November 2012. Forthcoming in the American Economic Review.*,***,****
- Partial Identification Using Random Set Theory, with Arie Beresteanu and Ilya Molchanov, Journal of Econometrics, 2012, vol. 166, issue 1, pages 17-32. ERRATA.*,***
- Sharp Identification Regions in Models with Convex Moment Predictions, with Arie Beresteanu and Ilya Molchanov, Econometrica, 2011, vol. 79, issue 6, pages 1785-1821; with Online Supplement.*,*** (This paper supercedes three earlier working papers by the same authors: CeMMAP Working Papers # CWP25/10, CWP27/09 and CWP15/08.)
- Rounding Probabilistic Expectations in Surveys, with Chuck Manski, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2010, vol. 28, number 2, pages 219-231.*,**
- Missing Treatments, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2010, vol. 28, number 1, pages 82-95.*
- The Identification Power of Equilibrium in Games: The Supermodular Case, with Adam Rosen, Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, 2008, vol. 26, number 3, pages 297-302. Invited discussion of Aradillas-Lopez and Tamer (2008) prepared for the 2007 Joint Statistical Meetings.*
- Asymptotic Properties for a Class of Partially Identified Models, with Arie Beresteanu, Econometrica, 2008, vol. 76, issue 4, pages 763-814.*
- Partial Identification of Probability Distributions with Misclassified Data, Journal of Econometrics, 2008, vol. 144, issue 1, pages 81-117.*
- Skip Sequencing: A Decision Problem in Questionnaire Design, with Chuck Manski, Annals of Applied Statistics, 2008, vol. 2, number 1, 264-285.*,**
- Spatial Correlation Robust Inference with Errors in Location and Distance, with Timothy G. Conley, Journal of Econometrics, 2007, vol. 140, issue 1, pages 76-96. Download the Technical Appendix here.
- Generalization of a Result on 'Regressions: Short and Long', with Marcin Peski, Econometric Theory, 2006, vol. 22, issue 01, pages 159-163.