Statistics and Data Science faculty and students as well as those from other departments can use the following resources to assist them in their research. These groups provide expert assistance with statistical studies with a wide variety of services and training available.
Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit
The Cornell Statistical Consulting Unit (CSCU) is a professional statistical consulting service. The objective of CSCU is to enhance research at Cornell by assisting researchers with their statistical analyses. They provide statistical expertise to the entire Cornell community through consulting, teaching, and contract services.
- Design of experiments or surveys
- Reviewing method sections
- Understanding methods used in published research
- Planning and implementation of statistical analysis
- Interpretation of results
- Specialized programming
- Preparation for committee meetings
- Preparation and revision of manuscripts
- Statistical workshops
- Specialized lectures within existing courses
- Newsletters containing information about statistical methods and tools
- Serving as a resource center by providing handouts and articles
- Participation in group and lab meetings
- Specialized techniques for specific departments
Cornell holds site licenses for a number of general statistical software packages which are available at reduced prices to members of the Cornell community. Specialized software is available through CSCU.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.