Statistical Science (B.A.) Affiliation Procedures
- Familiarize yourself with the requirements for affiliation with the major.
If you have completed the prerequisites for affiliation, then you are ready to apply.
- To apply: Complete and print out the degree checklist and background form. Degree checklists should include past, current and future courses.
- Request and append an official transcript to the forms listed in step 2. Official transcripts can be obtained from the University Registrar’s Office in B-7 Day Hall or online at transcript.cornell.edu. Highlight the courses you’ve taken to satisfy the major prerequisites.
- Submit your application. Completed affiliation applications should be sent via email to Julia Aquadro (email@example.com). First semester sophomores are not typically admitted until their fall grades become available. You will be notified via email whether or not you have been accepted to the major. If accepted, you will be assigned a faculty advisor and his/her name will be included in the same message.
- Meet your new advisor, introducing yourself as a “new advisee.” Be prepared to discuss your academic program and career plans. Request and schedule your appointment via email when possible.
- Use worksheets and other materials to document and project your degree progress. STSCI/BTRY majors are expected keep current on matters affecting the major. Although the Department of Statistical Science will monitor your progress toward the completion of your major requirements, you are responsible for monitoring your college-level requirements.
Should you require further assistance, please email Julia Aquadro at firstname.lastname@example.org