[Cornell Statistics graduate students during Open House Day, March 11, 2016]
Newly established in Spring 2016, the Cornell Statistics Graduate Society (SGS) is the official graduate student organization of Cornell University's Statistics field. Run by PhD students, SGS aims to make all aspects of graduate student life - academic, social, and professional - more enjoyable, and is responsible for representing graduate students' concerns to the department, graduate school, and CIS.
- Current Cornell Statistics graduate students: contact Benjamin Baer as your advocate for any issues.
- Cornell Statistics alumni: join our LinkedIn group for job postings and event invitations.
- Need to reach Cornell Statistics graduate students directly with job opportunities, tutoring requests, collaboration or consulting opportunities? Contact us.
Upcoming Special Events (Fall 2016)
- Student seminar. Scheduled on every other Tuesday.
- Student reading group. Scheduled on every Thursday.
- PhD-Faculty lunch.
- CIS social hour (co-organized with our CIS friends).
- Welcome back Fall 2016 semester pizza and bowling party.
In the works
- Statistics t-shirts
- Picture gallery
- Alumni mixer at JSM 2016
- Alumni networking panel during Cornell Statistics Day 2016
- Career seminars
President: Sarah Tan
Secretary: Wenyu Zhang
Treasurer: Yang Liu
Student Seminar Organizer: Daniel Kowal
Reading Group Organizer: Ben Athiwaratkun, Skyler Seto
Faculty Lunch Organizer: Ziyi Chen
Social Planners: Huijie Feng, Indrayudh Ghosal, Yi Su
Department Representative: Benjamin Baer
Graduate School Representative: Seowon Jeong
CIS Representative: Megan Gelsinger
Webmaster: Yichen Zhou
Alumni Manager: Zhengze Zhou
See this page for resources including printing, communication, funding, software, seminar schedules, etc.
- Cornell Computer Science Graduate Organization
- Cornell Information Science Graduate Student Association
Seminars on Campus
- Cornell Statistics Seminar
- Cornell Computer Science Colloquium
- Cornell Computer Science Seminars
- Cornell Information Science Colloquium
- Machine Learning at Cornell
- Cornell Operations Research Colloquium
- Cornell Applied Math Colloquium
- Cornell Economics Seminars
- Cornell CS (and Friends) Music Party - biweekly music jam sessions
- Cornell CS (and Friends) Board Gamers - biweekly board game sessions
Last updated Sep. 12, 2016